Friday, February 10, 2012

No, I won't

My responses to some pieces of advice I've received over the last few months.

No, I won't slow down.

No, I won't act my age.

No, I won't stop feeling things so deeply.

No, I won't get completely over my anger.

No, I won't stop being so protective of those I care about.

No, I won't stop embarrassing you by stopping being silly.

No, I won't play my rock and roll softly.
Wanna know what I'm going to do instead?
I'm going to wring everything I can from life, do every project I can, run as fast and hard as I can because there is just so damn much I want to do.

I'm going to act as young as I feel, and inside I'm still sixteen.

I'm going to keep responding to the world the way I do because the world demands deep responses.

I'm going to stay angry at those people and things that deserve it.

I'm going to do everything I can to take care of those who matter to me, because in the dark hard nights of this world all we really have is each other.

I'm going to act silly when silliness is the order of the day--or just when I feel like it.

I'm going to turn my music to eleven and let me wash through me, bathe me, transport me, remind me of the power of song to touch my heart.
Hell, yeah.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive