Friday, January 20, 2012

On the road again: Chattacon, day 2

The morning went to work, as usual. For lunch, we ran out to a local member of a small barbecue chain, Sticky Fingers. My ribs-and-brisket combo was quite tasty, though both meats were on the dry side.

(As always, click on an image to see a bigger one.)

Once again, I didn't finish my whole meal, but given the size of this one and the fact that it came with a loaf of cornbread, that was a good choice.

After lunch, we put up Jain's art for this con on a panel in the art show.


They're pretty cool pieces. You can hang them as art objects, which they are, but you can also pull out of each one a necklace or bracelet and wear it.

After some work and a chat with artist guest of honor and friend John Picacio, I worked madly until it was time for the opening ceremonies, at which I was, well, the toastmaster. I introduced all the guests, amused the crowd a bit, and then sent us all next door for snacks and further conversation.

When that ended, we toured the art show and grabbed some pizza at one of the hotel's restaurants. More work and some time in the con suite, which played loud rock and roll and offered a nice variety of drinks and snacks, finished the day.

I'm quite enjoying Chattacon. The good folks here know how to run a fun con. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive