Saturday, October 1, 2011

On the road again: Portland, day 5

Nothing good comes of getting up at five a.m., but at least nothing particularly bad came of it this morning. The check-out process was needlessly complex, because the staff had once again miscommunicated some of the information I'd given them at check-in, but they were nice and did their best to quickly sort the mess.

The rest of the travel initiation process--drive to the airport, turn in rental car, check in, go through security, board--went flawlessly and included a first-class upgrade. All flights are better in first class.

I was not so lucky on the second leg, but at least I had an exit-row seat and bandwidth, so I really can't complain. I even managed to snag some Red Mango in DFW, which is always good news.

All in all, a travel day as reasonable as it could be given that it started so early.

Tomorrow, I'll write about the awesome concert I saw. Tomorrow.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive