Thursday, October 6, 2011

On the road again: I can't tell you, day 2

As I noted in the title of today's entry and in yesterday's I can't tell you where I am or what I'm doing. I can say I met with some folks, and I had a great time. In case any of them read this, I wanted them to know that they were a lot of fun to work with, I had an excellent time, and I thank them for having me.

A lot of folks have asked me for my thoughts on Steve Jobs' death. Despite all my years in the computer industry, I never met him. I have nothing personal to add to the waves of remembrances crashing over the Internet.

Because of the nature of my day job, I try to avoid commenting on computer products here. That said, I must note that I admired Jobs' intense vision, his commitment to getting even fine details right, and, most of all, his ability to ignite people and the press with that vision. The combination of technical skill and showmanship is something this industry is unlikely to see again soon.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive