Friday, June 17, 2011

Do good and have a good time:
a local showing of Serenity

Each year, the Raleigh Browncoats, a group of fans of the fine film, Serenity, screen the movie and raffle items to raise money for charity. In this act they join similar groups around the country. This year's showing is Sunday, June 26, and I'll be there. In fact, I've signed on as one of the sponsors of the event and will be tossing into the raffle pot a small collection of stuff: a personally autographed copy of the hardback edition of Children No More, plus t-shirts from all three comedy shows.

You can read more about the event here. I have not attended any of the previous showings, so it's certainly possible that the screening will trip my "too much fannishness" meter, but I know I will enjoy seeing the film again on the big screen, so how wrong can I go? I also am happy to help raise money for the charities: Equality Now and Kids Need to Read.

If you live in this area and tickets are still available--when I last checked, they were going fast--I encourage you to join me and a lot of my friends at this worthy event. You can see a good movie, have a good time, and do some good in the world.

Pretty sweet for a Sunday evening.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive