Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On the road again: Portland, day 3

Much work today, none of which I can discuss. As usual.

Dinner took us to Gabriel Rucker's newer restaurant, Little Bird, for my second visit there. I made my meal from appetizers and sides, and every dish I sampled was excellent. Though I still prefer Le Pigeon to Little Bird, I do love them both, and walking into either one makes me smile and feel a little better. If you live in this area or visit it, you owe it to yourself to check out both of them.

The weather here has been mercurial, one minute sunny, the next gray, but the temperature has stayed beautifully brisk. In two months, as I sweat in the North Carolina summer heat, I will be wishing for this climate.

Now, though, it's my time to grab a very few hours of sleep before resuming work.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive