Thursday, January 20, 2011

Are you a good brain or a bad brain?

At work earlier today, I had the pleasure of reading, courtesy of Bonnie showing me this article, one of my favorite phrases of recent days:

Increased Cheese Payload
Say it out loud. Go ahead. I'll wait.

It feels good, doesn't it? It's hard not to smile as these words come out of your mouth.

More important to me than the phrase itself, though, are all the questions it brings to mind. What types of vehicles, other than these peppers, deliver a cheese payload? Where else might this phrase apply? What would my cheese payload be? Would people pay for drugs that increased their cheese payloads?

And, bam, I'm in adult and not-for-work space, which is unfortunately where I wandered while standing in the lab and marveling over this phrase.

I couldn't stop myself, though, from continuing to ponder the cheese payload. What's going to happen, after all, when these giant poppers hit the market?

More accidents, that's what. Today, when you bite into a too-hot popper, the cheese sprays out and burns you--but it's a small amount of cheese...excuse me, a small cheese payload. With these big boys, the accompanying larger cheese payload could burn you seriously. Think of all that squirting hot cheese...

...and, bam, I'm back in not-for-work territory. When I hit this point today and starting contemplating the phrase "squirting hot cheese," I knew it was time to leave the company of others before I started saying what I was thinking.

One thing is certain, though: the first time I see a giant popper for sale, I'm buying it. I want my increased cheese payload.

2 comments:

Griffin said...

I can see the chanting masses now, "More payload now! More Cheese Payload! We want it now!"

My internal monologue is replete with things I cannot express in my day-to-day.

Mark said...

As is mine.

Labels

Blog Archive