Monday, October 11, 2010

Possibly the most awesome Q&A this year

io9 already covered it, but I loved it so much that I have to point to it here: Check out this coverage of Guillermo del Toro's Q&A session in Portland, Oregon on September 29. I'm pissed that I managed to be there and didn't even know this was happening!

I love almost everything he has to say. Two great samples:

The rule is to work only with people you admire or you love. Or both.

Adapting material is like marrying a widow. You have to be very respectful of the late husband's memory, but at some point you've gotta fuck.
Definitely check it out, and if you're a stone del Toro fan, also watch the videos a fan uploaded to YouTube.

By the way, if you have any questions you want me to answer, email me via the site's Contact page, and odds are good that I will. (Just don't ask me the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow without having first decided whether it's an African or European bird; that, I will not tolerate.)

Labels

Blog Archive