Monday, October 18, 2010

On the road again: San Francisco, day 6

Today was one of those days filled with work, so I don't have too much I can discuss. After a morning of email and phone meetings, I moved hotels and am now in easier reach of clients in Silicon Valley. The process involved the Enterprise car rental company and convinced me that I really don't want to rent from them again if I can avoid it. The people in their San Francisco office were unhelpful and broke commitments they'd made.

My meals today were simple but deeply enjoyable, because they were at two favorites of mine: the Pancho Villa Taqueria for lunch, and the nearby Max's for dinner. A super burrito and a mandarina at Pancho Villa is enough to make any day better, and a patty melt at Max's is similarly powerful.

Janis Joplin has, for no particular reason I can cite, been on my mind a lot lately, so I thought I'd close with a classic from her. She was a force, a damaged, crazed beast of a singer. Enjoy.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive