Sunday, August 8, 2010

ReConStruction, day 4

Not much was happening at the con today, so I actually got a decent amount of sleep, said a bunch of good-byes, and then headed back to normal life. I'm catching up on work and writing and all the usual stuff, and I'm surprisingly tired despite the rest, so I'm keeping this short.

I watched the Anderson Silva/Chael Sonnen fight, and it was indeed everything folks were saying it was. Wow, did they go at it, and, boy, did Sonnen dominate for all but the last minute. They deserved the Fight of the Night bonus they received.

Sarah called me the other night as she was leaving a Josh Ritter concert in Nashville. It seems that in the midst of a storytelling break he started talking about finding yourself in unexpected places. When he mentioned that you might find yourself living in a shotgun shack, Sarah instantly knew where he was going--but most of the younger crowd did not. That's a shame. We should all know the Talking Heads, and we should all know this song. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back to the grind. From the sound of your posts the weekend would appear to have been fun. Hopefully you sold a lot of books and had fun catching up with old friends. I still hope Eric Flint quit smoking so he's around a good long time to put out new books. You mentioned in one of the posts that you were exercising so hopefully that has become a part of your normal routine. I actually find it very relaxing these days. Local B&N did not have Children No More in stock (even though the website said it did) but say they are getting it so I am on the list. They say in a day or so, we shall see. Have a good week....Chris...

Mark said...

Thanks, Chris, for the good wishes. I do hope your B&N gets the book soon; they should have had it last week, but they may have sold out.

Eric has indeed quit smoking, which is good news.

I love exercising; time has been the issue. But, I am exercising now daily, albeit only gently (walking two miles) at first.

Anonymous said...

2 miles is better than no miles. Never underestimate doing something. As my doc tells me, at this stage, 2 miles leads to 3 miles and so forth. I am so glad to hear he is no longer smoking. Thanks for all you do. I do look forward to your updates.....Chris....

Mark said...

Thanks, Chris.

Labels

Blog Archive