Wednesday, July 28, 2010

His tentacles were so shiny

I try very hard to be nice to servers in restaurants. I tip at least twenty percent, I strive to be organized, and I'm generally appreciative of their hard work. Sometimes, though, you get a strange server who tests your resolve. A few years ago, several of us, including Sarah, had one of the weirdest servers in my experience. After much hushed discussion, we concluded that he had to be an alien visiting various U.S. cities as part of an advance scouting team. We further surmised that his real body had many tentacles, and they were all shiny.

If you'd seen him, you would agree.

As any writer will tell you, it's all grist for the creative mill.

Now, go read Sarah's A Year in Prose post from yesterday.

That's my girl.

8 comments:

John Lambshead said...

One of my tests for a small person, in the character sense, is someone who is rude to waiters and shop assistants. Mind you, there are some strange people out there. I am related to some of them.......

Mark said...

I agree that that is often a good test.

Ticia said...

John, I don't restrict that test to small people. It tells you a lot about the big ones too. *grin*

Sarah's work is always a joy to read.

Mark said...

Thanks. I have to agree about Sarah's writing, as you would expect.

Kyle said...

Wow. It's nice to see that during her time in Nashville, Ben is keeping Sarah in the drugs to which she's become accustomed.

Mark said...

No drugs necessary. Our whole family is high on life.

Scott said...

I'm pretty high on acid dad, life is just a buzz to pass the time.

Mark said...

That's my son! I'm so proud.

Labels

Blog Archive