Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On the road again: Balticon, day 1

Balticon doesn't start in earnest until Friday, but my trip this time will run Wednesday to late Tuesday. After work today, we headed north by car, both to avoid the heavier traffic of Thursday and to minimize my offline time. In general, I have to call this travel strategy a success, but it's probably good only for night-owls.

When I arrived, I was already mostly caught up on work email thanks to my 3G iPad's ability to let me do email while in the car. (No, I didn't do email when I was driving, tempting as that prospect was.)

We stopped at the Silver Diner at Potomac Mills for a late-ish breakfast-for-dinner meal. I quite enjoyed myself, particularly because someone cranked up Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons twice on the jukebox. I have no excuse for that weakness, but I do enjoy some Frankie now and again. I suspect the sight of me lip-synching "Sherry" and "Big Girls Don't Cry" is, however, enough to put most people off their feed.

Over the next few days, I plan to give you a look at the new show shirt, tell you the big news, report on some strange art, and tell you about the con.

Did I mention I'll make the big announcement?

For now, though, it's back to work!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive