Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Just how much are the Spanish into ham?

This much:

Yeah, that's right: Ruffles with ham flavor.

Sorry about the wrinkles, by the way. I carried that bag all the way back from the Barcelona airport after Scott and I consumed the contents while waiting for our plane. When he first told me we had to buy some chips, I argued with him that potato chips were both unhealthy and unnecessary, but after he showed me the bag, I knew instantly that I should have trusted my son. Of course we had to eat them!

Lest you worry that these chips tasted like the chemical abominations they probably were, relax: They were yummy. Our only regret was not buying two bags.

I'm very glad not to have seen them for sale in any store near us, because then I'd have one more bad habit to break.

I think it's time to order some Jamon Iberico.

9 comments:

Griffin said...

And the fact that you took a photo shows exactly how much you enjoyed them...

Mark said...

Well, that and the fact that photos are so easy with the iPhone and the mere existence of these things cracked me up.

Michelle said...

Do you notice they say the word "sin" in the lower right corner? Are they trying to tell you something? As in you shouldn't eat these?
(And, yes, I know that the spanish word sin means without.) Just an observation.

Mark said...

I was clearly meant to eat these chips.

Todd said...

Amazing. I love how it has a ham shank on the front!

Anonymous said...

I know it's out here somewhere but I'm either too lazy or dumb to find it. I know you talk about your iPhone alot but are you also an iMac user? My PC is fried and I am going out tonight to look for a new one and my kids are screaming for the iMac while I'm kind of stuck in the PC world. I also like the HP TouchSmart. I'm not looking for an endorsement of any product (will take it if you offer one) but was just curious. Also, don't yell at me if this is just a stupid question......Chris.....

Mark said...

Yeah, the picture really makes it.

Mark said...

Chris, no problem. I use both Macs, including the iMac, and PCs every day. I find moving between them to be no problem. I suspect any new system would out-perform the one that died, so I would go with whatever would fit your budget and family needs. One thing to warn your kids about: few PC games run on Macs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mark. Kids are 20 and 16 so they know much more than me when it comes to this stuff.....Chris

Labels

Blog Archive