Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

My Christmas Eve ended with my main computer in dire shape from a horde of virus and worm infections; I have only myself to blame for letting my NAV subscription lapse.

My Christmas began with my main computer, which had been showing signs of hardware issues, dying from repeated blue screens. Off to work for rehab it must go after my break.

Fortunately, I have a new main computer awaiting my setup, so I must only accelerate the schedule on it. And, of course, I do have three other active backup systems.

The in-progress Children No More is, of course, safe, backed up in many places.

Neither the computer nor any of the material stuff matters, though, not really. What matters most is always the people we care about. Seventeen of us are gathering in a few minutes at a long, funky, makeshift table downstairs for Christmas dinner. They matter a great deal.

Merry Christmas to you all!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope those lovely blessings last throughout the new year as well. Happy Holidays.

Mark said...

Thank you. I share that hope for all of us.

Labels

Blog Archive