Monday, October 19, 2009

On the road again: Bouchercon, Indianapolis, day 6

Today was one of those travel days, albeit a friendlier one than most. The rhythm of these days is all the same: get up, work, shower, work, head to airport, work, fly and work (unless the plane seats make that impossible, as they did today on the commuter jet), repeat if multiple legs (today had only one; hurrah!), and ultimately end up at home, where I am now. The flight wasn't full, it arrived early, the flight attendant was pleasant and even gave us peanuts, and my luggage arrived. I have no complaints.

So, now it's late, and I'm alone in my office, as a writer should be. Blue Rodeo is singing from speakers behind me that we are all lost together; amen to that.

My book proceeds, slower than I'd like but every day.

I have no clue if it will be any good at all, but like Greg Keelor on this song, I'm pouring my heart into it.

The book deserves no less.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive