Friday, August 28, 2009

On the road again: Austin, day 5

I'm tired of waking up in the single digits after less than four hours of sleep.
I look forward to being home and waking up in the double digits after less than four hours of sleep.

There's something wrong with that couplet.

Airport transport went well, with no traffic (thanks to our use of a toll road) and great navigating by Elizabeth.

The plane rides were uneventful, the first one too short for me to get any work done, but the second yielding a very productive session of over two hours.

It's fortunate that when I concentrate the world goes away, because that second flight also featured a baby who seemed to be crying the entire flight. The parents seemed to be clueless about giving the child something to suck on so she could equalize internal and external pressure. In an effort to avoid toting so much crap, I'd left my noise-cancelling headphones at home; I won't do that again.

I'm back safely now, fully unpacked, and now must try to catch up on all the stuff I found waiting for me. I intend to sleep a lot tonight.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive