Monday, June 15, 2009

What's up with Children No More?

(For those who don't know, Children No More is the next--and fourth--Jon & Lobo novel.)

Enough folks have asked me this question that I thought it was time to answer it. I've also received a related question I'm going to answer now: Why are you saying so little about this new book in progress?

Short answers:

* I'm working on it.
* Because I don't feel like talking about it.

The first is pretty much self-explanatory: I'm working on the book. It's what I do.

The second answer is one on which I'm willing to comment a bit more, but not a lot. Children No More is by far the most complex and darkest Jon & Lobo novel to date. For many reasons, it is also a very compellingly personal novel for me, a book I am determined to write. I'm frankly rather afraid that I will be the only one who will like it.

I'm still going to write it.

My response to this fear is to control the only aspects of it that I can: my actions. Thus, I work on it, and I don't talk about it.

I realize that's not much more information than the short form of the answer provided, but it's all I'm willing to share right now. Sometimes, you just have to shut up and do the work. (Most times, actually, but some more than others.)

I'm shutting up and doing the work.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive