Tuesday, June 30, 2009

If you live in the RTP area and you like fireworks

send me an email, because we're having a great fireworks party out at Dave's on the Fourth. There's food, of course: I'll be providing and cooking hamburgers, hot dogs, and veggie burgers (don't blame me; some people want them!) for all those in attendance (usually 70 to 100 folks), and most folks bring a dish to share. When it gets dark, however, the real fun begins: we set off a lot of fireworks!

We do this show the old-fashioned way: we manually light the fireworks. A small crew of insane suicidal fun-loving folks places the individual works on launch pads, lights their fuses, and runs like hell carefully retreats to a not really maybe barely safer location and watches the fireworks from the best seat in the house: underneath them.

I'm looking forward to it--and assuming I survive I will, of course, post a report here.

2 comments:

Michael said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I will be enjoying fireworks at Surfside beach (just south of Myrtle) on the fourth, on the first day of my two weeks stay on vacation.

Also of note, last year I ended up picking up One Jump Ahead without any previous knowledge of it and read it at the same beach, which was great. This year I have Overthrowing Heaven to take with me.

Mark said...

Enjoy the fireworks show there!

I also hope you enjoy Overthrowing Heaven!

Labels

Blog Archive