Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Science Magic Sex tour shirts are in

and they look pretty spiffy, courtesy of a nifty design Jennie did. Check out the back:
Pretty nice, eh? And that's a high-quality, heavyweight, Lands End t-shirt. We're talking a shirt you can wear to freak out your friends for quite some time without worrying that it will shrink to a size your cat couldn't cram into or spontaneously combust and leave you without eyelashes.

The front is pretty nice, too, with a slightly different and smaller version of the design.
The shirts are also a limited edition of 72, of which a dozen or so are already taken. If the SMS show plays at other venues, as I hope it will, and if we run out of shirts, as I hope we do, then we'll print new ones--but we'll do at least one small thing differently on them, so those of you who own first-edition shirts will be the only people with them. Yes, we will make sure these shirts stay collectible.

So, you may reasonably ask, why am I selling these so hard? The answer is simple: to raise money for a good charity, Balticon's favorite, Reading Is Fundamental (RIF). We're selling the shirts for $15, and we're donating all the profits to RIF.

We'll be hawking the shirts at Balticon, but you can also email me and work out a purchase that way. I'd set up some sophisticated online purchasing system, but frankly that's too much trouble for this size deal. Maybe in the future.

By the way, when I say "we" will be hawking the t-shirts, I'm being a bit free with language. I'll do a little talking, but Jennie and Ticia, my Balticon-appointed handler and now friend I've never met in person, will actually be doing the work of taking money, staffing the table, and so on.

So, if you want a shirt, act now, or grab us at the con, and get a limited-edition, collectible garment while also helping a good cause.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive