Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On the road again: Seattle, day 3

My name is Larry, so I think I'll call myself, Studly LaFontaine. It has kind of a French-Canadian ring to it, doncha think?
This, the line of the day, came from a barrista-in-training at the Panera Bread in Redmond where I was grabbing some free (okay, not free: I bought a bottle of water) bandwidth in a desperate attempt to catch up on email in a break between meetings. The folks at this particular Panera were so happy, so enthusiastic about their work, that just being around them made me smile and feel better.

You know I can't talk about the work stuff, so don't ask.

Dinner tonight was a very good meal at Pearl Bar and Dining, a place I can recommend. Our large and, as the evening wore on, somewhat loud group ate a decent variety of dishes, and no one had any complaints--always a good sign.

This is my 700th blog post, a fact that means nothing, really, but that somehow seems significant, like a glance from a stranger that lasts a beat too long before she fades into the crowd on the other side of the street.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive