Monday, May 25, 2009

On the road again: Balticon, day 5

My main con activity of the day was a morning "kaffeeklatch," which is an event in which a small number of folks sign up to meet with you and get to ask you whatever questions they like. In the past, no one has shown up for mine, which made the events rather easy to do. Today, however, eight folks appeared, though honesty compels me to admit that half were friends. We chatted for an hour on all sorts of topics, and as best I can tell, everyone had a good time.

I have to say again that being one of the guests of honor at a Balticon is a very nice thing indeed. My handler and now friend, Ticia, was wonderful, always pleasant and on the ball and a step ahead of me. Every single concom person I met was gracious and nice. They paid my expenses and gave me a generous meal per diem allowance. All my events garnered substantial audiences.

I fear my SF convention status may well have peaked with being the past Compton Crook winner at Balticon, but if it has, I at least was able to enjoy a very nice peak. Thank you, Balticon team. You guys are great!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive