Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My lies from the Liars' Panel

I don't want to undercut any podcasting that Balticon might offer of the Liars' Panel I moderated, but I also thought you might find it amusing to learn a little more about that bit of programming. Here are the questions I gave each of the panelists:

1. What’s the most outrageous place you’ve ever had sex?

2. What’s the strangest food you’ve eaten?

3. What secret talent do you possess that few would suspect?

4. What’s your most embarrassing celebrity crush?

5. What’s your weirdest possession?

6. What guilty pleasure would others not expect you to have?

7. What’s the oddest group you’ve ever joined?

8. What’s the worst job you’ve had?

9. What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in school?
Like all the other panelists, I lied on three of them. Here are my notes for those three:
4. What’s your most embarrassing celebrity crush?

Tyra Banks. She modeled swim suits, underwear, and everything else. She’s busty and curvy and gorgeous. She runs a talk show and a reality show, America’s Next Top Model, all while continuing to look great.

6. What guilty pleasure would others not expect you to have?

Obsessive lawn work. When I can’t relax, I go out into the yard and work. I love trimming, hedging, mowing, and pretty much everything about gardening. I don’t try for esoteric plants, but we now have amazing spreads of azaleas, mums, and tulips.

8. What’s the worst job you’ve had?

Being a waiter in a particularly nasty Denny’s, back when most Denny’s restaurants were basically diners. Though I still love diners, I can tell you from first-hand experience that the movies romanticize both the wait staff and the clients. Diner patrons treat you like shit and tip miserably. I hated that job.
Of those, I hope never to change the last, and I sure won't ever have lawn work as a pleasure.

About Tyra, though, I make no promises.

She is, after all, fierce.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive