Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's good to have friends

and to spend time with them. Tonight, at a belated birthday party I threw, we all ate muffulettas (from Central Grocery, in New Orleans), mac and cheese, salad, and deviled eggs. It was our usual party: no particular activities, just a lot of conversation.

Later, we ate cake (and some of us added ice cream), and I opened way more wonderful presents than any man deserves.

The crowd thinned as we turned to the UFC fights, about which I'll write more later, but that group then consumed ice cream as round two of the dessert marathon.

I have a lot to be thankful for, and I'm not thankful nearly often enough. I appreciate those who tolerate me in their lives, and I appreciate those who buy my books and let me keep being in bookstores.

Thank you, all.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

Sending you a belated Happy Birthday.

Mark said...

Thanks very much! See you at Balticon!

Labels

Blog Archive