Friday, April 24, 2009

On the road again: Austin, day 4

Today's high point was dinner at Uchi and dessert at Amy's, both with clients who are friends. Executive Chef Tyson Cole had taken the foie gras sushi off the menu, but our server recognized me and offered to speak to him on our behalf. A bit later, Cole arrived at our table with eight lovely pieces of foie gras sushi he had just prepared for us.

You might be thinking that foie gras on sushi rice wouldn't work, but you'd be wrong. Wow, was it great!

The oddest sight of today was in the hotel gym. I and one other fellow, an older gentleman, were walking the treadmills. For the entire half hour I was there, he never opened his eyes. He moved his head back and forth slowly, but his eyes stayed shut. I've never seen anyone walk that long with his eyes closed. He opened them only when he finished, then looked at me, smiled, and left.

Maybe he was living in a great fantasy world. Maybe I should try it.

Of course, given my ability to get lost in my thoughts and mess up on treadmills, maybe not.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive