Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gray skies, happy day

The sky never cleared today, but that was fine by me; I love rainy days. We may get snow tonight, but it should vanish quickly, so I'm fine with that news as well. I slept late and enjoyed the drumming of the rain on the skylights. I find the sound soothing and conducive to lazing about--though of course I should have accomplished more.

Toni forwarded me a very complimentary note from a very nice bookseller, so when I checked my email I had a nice treat waiting. Pathetic, isn't it, how little it takes to make a writer's day (or at least, this writer's)?

I'm still proceeding far, far more slowly on the work on Children No More than I'd like, but I'm not going to obsess about that tonight; tonight, I'll enjoy the weather and the small kindnesses and awake renewed to work hard tomorrow. I hope you can do the same.

2 comments:

Ticia said...

I love rain too.

I remember going to an art installation many years ago, called Rainforest, I think, where a tin shack was set in the middle of a man-made pond. You had to cross a bridge to go inside it. I sat there forever, listening to the "rain" fall on the building. Magical.

Mark said...

That sounds lovely.

Labels

Blog Archive