Friday, September 19, 2008

On the road again: Portland, day 4

I'd love to have more to tell you on these business trips, but I work so many hours and our work is so confidential that about the only things I can discuss are the meals. I'm tempted to rant, but I need to reserve the writing time for the novel, which is slowly coming along, so you'll have to put up with short entries. Sorry about that.

I can tell you that if you're ever in Portland you absolutely must eat at Sel Gris. Chef Daniel Mondok worked at several other places, including the famed French Laundry for all-star chef, Thomas Keller, before he opened his own place. His menu was delightful, and every dish I tried was delicious, flavorful, and fun. The foie gras two ways was particularly lovely. I'll definitely be back.

The more I visit Portland, the more I like this place. I don't ever plan to move from my home in North Carolina, but if I were ever to consider it, this area would have to be on the short list.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive