Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the road again: Portland, day 2

I'd like to tell you about my exciting adventures in Portland, but I'd be lying. My day went like this:

work
shower
work
drive
work (including eating)

and so on. Now, it's nearly one in the morning here, almost four a.m. back home, and I'm still working. Ah, the romance of business travel.

The high point of the day was dinner at Le Pigeon, a Portland favorite and one I've mentioned many times before. My meal was, as always at this fine little place, perfectly prepared and delicious. My appetizer, the foie gras on PB&J, blended all the flavors into a yummy concoction. My entree, the quail with squash, cherry tomatoes, and a dressing that blended citrus with bone marrow, demonstrated yet again that these chefs can cook. Every single bite of the quail was juicy, tender, and delicious, and the marriage of the citrus and the marrow resulted in a new flavor that offered the best of both of its main components.

If you're ever in Portland, as I've also said before, you owe it to yourself to eat at Le Pigeon.

On a completely unrelated note, I can't imagine there are actually any competists out there trying to collect my entire written works, but if there are, you'll want to know about the introduction I wrote for Toni Weisskopf for the WindyCon 35 program book. (Of course, given that I have over a thousand tech article bylines in print, even if someone were odd enough to want to own all my published pieces, I don't think they could ever find them all.) I filed the piece today, and though I won't be able to make the con, I'm hoping I can get my hands on a few of the program books when they appear.

And now, Overthrowing Heaven calls to me, and I must yield to its summons.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive