Monday, August 18, 2008

On the road again: Travel day, the jinx

I try not to indulge in superstition, but sometimes I can't help myself. Today, I posted my mid-day travel report despite the superstitious feeling that I was jinxing myself. Still, I left the Admiral's Club with confidence...

...and walked into a ninety-minute flight delay that American doled out ten minutes at a time, so we could never settle down and work.

Upon boarding, I learned that the woman in the seat next to me was from El Salvador and was bringing food to friends. Smelly food. Really smelly food. She fell asleep shortly after take-off and began snoring about a minute later. She snored until the flight attendant woke her up for landing. Everyone within a few yards of us glared at me as if the smells and the sounds were my fault.

Now, I'm in my hotel, and I'm debating whether to eat a room-service dinner or walk to Max's before it closes so I can get a take-out order of one of the best patty melts I've ever had. Decisions, decisions.

More work awaits. Tomorrow, I will at least be in one city the whole day.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive