Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home

I'm home, and though that normally makes me happy, I'm still a bit wistful about leaving the beach. Returning to my normal, work-around-the-clock, high-stress life is going to be tough. I've got to make some changes to lessen the stress and give me back more time. I owe a lot of time to my kids, and I need to get healthy. I suppose it's good to have challenges, such obstacles are character building, and so on. Still, I'm reminded of what my old friend, Randy, used to say: "I'm enough of a character already."

Tonight, we gathered to watch a ton of MMA fights from two promotions: the UFC, and Affliction. The highlight of the UFC card was Anderson Silva proving that he is amazing and one of the only two legitimate candidates for the label of best pound-for-pound MMA fighter in the world. The peak moment of the Affliction broadcast was the fight with the other contender for that honor, Fedor Emelianeko, who demolished his opponent even more quickly than Silva took out his. Both men are amazing fighters and athletes. If you're into MMA and didn't see these fights, try to catch them in reruns or online.

I'm going to crash soon, but I have a bit more writing to do. I actually liked the work I did yesterday, but today's leaves me nervous. I suppose that's normal, at least for me.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive