Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Mint does it again

Tonight, four of us drove through the rain to The Mint for a second try at the tasting menu. We were curious whether our initial experience was a fluke or if the place really was that good.

Four and a half hours and about thirteen courses later, the verdict was clear: The Mint is indeed our area's best restaurant. Chef Jeremy Clayman outdid his previous offering. Our lead server, Thea (who did not give her last name), was efficient and charming and everything a server should be. Every single dish was interesting, inventive, and, most importantly, delicious.

If you live in the Research Triangle area, save up your money, call The Mint, ask for a tasting menu, and tell them I sent you. You won't regret it.

On the writing front, Overthrowing Heaven continues to grow, though never as quickly as I'd like. I have no clue how big this book will be, but my current belief is that it will be longer than Slanted Jack, which was longer by about eighteen percent than One Jump Ahead. We'll see. I know I'm still enjoying this one, which as I've explained earlier in true neurotic writer fashion does worry me a bit. Nonetheless, I must now return to the world of Jon and Lobo.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive