Thursday, May 15, 2008

We can buy Jamon Iberico!

Jennie pointed out to me that the famous Spanish ham is now available for online ordering here. If you don't know the ham and simply check the prices, you may believe this is a con game designed to separate rich fools and their money.

It's not. This ham is amazing and, though more expensive than I'd like, worth the cost.

I've eaten Jamon Iberico three times, all in the same restaurant: L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon in the Roppongi Hills district of Tokyo. Each time, I opted for the same basic dish: half a dozen unadorned slices arrayed on a plain plate, each slice so thin you could almost see through it. The taste every time was the same: wonderful, like the best ham you've ever tasted turned to 11. Wow.

I'm thinking now about the right excuse to order some and prepare it. Yum.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive