Sunday, April 27, 2008

And the rain came

Tonight brought a glorious rain. It started lightly, the sky darkening and the air thickening with moisture. The pre-rain smell was strong and wonderful; I love to stand outside and breathe slowly and deeply so I can fully enjoy the scent. The drops then fell few but heavy, and I thought we might get merely a passing shower.

Then the clouds really went to work, and we were in a doozy of a storm. I had the misfortune to be out driving when the rain turned into a gray curtain limiting visibility to a few car lengths. As luck would have it today, however, everyone on the road with me drove nicely, kept their distance, and played it safe.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the rain much more when I was home, but it was all good. To an area still recovering from drought, this is simply wonderful.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive