Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A simple realization

I've always said that were I ever to reach a certain level of wealth--a level I am now convinced I will never achieve--I would quit working in tech. Thinking recently about that claim, I asked myself this question: If someone gave me all the money I could possibly ever need, vastly more than my goal, say $100 million or more, what work, if any, would I do?

I'd write, of course.

But I'm already doing that.

True, I'd write more if I had all that money, and I'd not be running a tech company, but I am writing now.

I would also train more in a gym, which I'm not doing now.

So, obviously, I must get back to doing that.

Now, I just have to figure out where to make the time in each day, but as I do so I should take more cheer in the fact that I am getting to do what I want--write--each day, even if for only a little of the day.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive