Sunday, January 13, 2008

One redundant expense

later, and we are back in the MI-5 business. Episode 5 was amazing. This is easily the best season yet of what is probably the best show on television--and certainly one of the top five. Because anything can change, tension is higher than on most shows, and the sense of political nuance that pervades the events is extraordinary. Wow.

Plotting proceeds apace on Overthrowing Heaven, though the pace is too slow for my taste. The good news is that the story keeps getting deeper, richer, and more complex as I understand more and more about all the players and their agendas. My notes must appear positively insane--odd snippets of barely legible arguments with myself--but the process is working. I think.

Yesterday, Sarah showed me the Leeroy Jenkins Youtube video, making me one of the last Americans to come online about this particular bit of hilarity. I mean, sheesh, it was even a Jeopardy question. I couldn't help but recall some of the many times I've been on projects with someone who behaved essentially like Jenkins.

Lessons, like magical moments, are everywhere.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive