Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Slanted Jack is off to production

Today was a happy day for Slanted Jack, and thus for me as well. Toni accepted the novel yesterday and said it would head into production after the holidays. I received my turn-in payment from the always prompt Baen Books. I made a few printouts and gave them out.

I'm done with that book until it's time to review the copyedited ms.

I look forward to seeing it as a Baen eARC and then in print.

My focus now is Overthrowing Heaven, whose plot is beginning to show signs of coming together. I'm continuing to like this one, and I hope others will, too--when they get to read it in 2009.

Of course, when The Dread hits me in a few months this optimism will vanish, but for now the book is bright and shiny and full of possibility. I'm enjoying the feeling.

2 comments:

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

"I look forward to seeing it as a Baen eARC and then in print."

And I look forward to both. Especially the eARC. Credit card is ready!

Mark said...

Thanks. That's great to hear!

Labels

Blog Archive