Friday, November 9, 2007

The pipeline

A few folks have asked me what I'll be writing after I finish editing the Transhuman galleys and making the last passes over Slanted Jack. I should complete both of those projects before the end of November, so I have actually started thinking ahead in idle moments. Here's the list of what's coming:

Overthrowing Heaven: The third book in the Jon & Lobo series, this one, at least right now in its primordial ooze stage, is going to be yet another book with no returning characters beyond the big two. Despite that fact, I have some hope that you'll like it; I'm already enjoying thinking about it.

Children No More: The fourth (and last on the current contract) book in the Jon & Lobo series. I'm not willing to say much, but I will tell you that some old friends will return for this one.

Fatal Circle: The currently on-the-shelf crime/spy/thriller novel. As you can tell, I don't know to what precise sub-genre it belongs, but I do know that I was having fun with the 38K words I'd written before I had to put it aside in favor of contracted books. No one's bought this one yet, but that's probably at least in part because I haven't given anyone a chance to do so.

And that's it...as far as I know right now. I expect odd things to creep into the mix, I have some ideas for an urban fantasy, for a shared-world collection, and so on, but I also have a day job, so I expect to focus my writing primarily, if not exclusively, on the above novels.

Back to it.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive