Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Roy duty

(Warning: Don't follow the link in this entry if dirty words offend you. Don't blame me if you do follow it.)

Around our house, one of the things you don't want to hear is someone summoning you for "Roy duty." (In the interest of full disclosure, I must note that I'm usually the person doing the summoning, and either Sarah or Scott is usually playing the role of Roy.) Roy duty is typically some unpleasant minor chore, most often carrying a can or plastic bottle from the kitchen to the garage for recycling. Those who visit us sometimes hear this cry and stare in puzzlement. For them, and because the source never fails to crack me up, I give you the source of Roy duty, a cartoon called The Square Root of Three (scroll to nearly the bottom to see it). This sucker perfectly encapsulates how I and, I'm quite sure, many other people engaged in creative pursuits feel when someone interrupts their work.

The host site, Married to the Sea, contains boatloads of similar jokes built on old images. They're of widely variable quality, but a few minutes here will almost always yield at least a chuckle. Check it out.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive