Sunday, December 17, 2017

Latkes FTW


Tonight featured this year's installment of the annual latke/Channukah party, aka The Big Fry.  I enjoy latkes but eat them only at this party.  The problem is, I am a latke wimp.  I can eat two, but no more--and the second typically has to be on the small side.

Each bite of latke that hits my stomach immediately begins growing.  I'm not sure how this process works, but in seconds the swelling commences.  By the time I've eaten my second, the latkes have grown into baby demons determined to emerge from me and kill those around me.

Fortunately, the latkes have never escaped--but then, neither have I.  Cheesecake and carrot cake help a little bit, perhaps by distracting the alien latke-beasts in my tum, but in the end, the only cure is time.

Maybe that's why I eat them only once a year.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive