Thursday, October 26, 2017

Another reason I love Le Pigeon


Chef Gabriel Rucker and the Le Pigeon team hold a special Halloween dinner each year.  I've read about them in the past, but earlier tonight I was able to attend this year's special meal.  Its theme was to spoof a certain spike-haired food TV personality. 

Click an image to see a larger version.

The menu looked both appropriate to the theme and intriguing. 


Every single dish was delicious.  I'd be hard-pressed to pick a single favorite, but I did absolutely love the small cup of brisket chili,


the foie gras eggroll dish,


and the General Tsao-Kung Pao shortrib.


Heck, I truly enjoyed every course. 

As I've said many times, if you live in Portland or just visit here, you need to make Le Pigeon a regular stop on your food journey.  Rucker's inventiveness and gift for combining ingredients in unusual and unexpected ways is second to none. 




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive