Friday, June 23, 2017

Facebook Messenger is not the right way to reach me


Lately, the numbers on my phone's Facebook app remind me that some people keep trying to reach me via Facebook Messenger. To try to reach as many folks as possible, I'm writing this entry. I don't use Facebook Messenger. I rarely look at Facebook, and when I do, it's via my phone, where I have not installed their Messenger app. Trying to reach me that way won't work.

I'm not trying to be antisocial; I'm just currently full up on communication mechanisms. With personal email, work email, Slack at work, and what reaches me via this blog, plus the occasional text and the even rarer actual phone call, I am already spending way too much time receiving and answering messages.

So, if you need to reach me, either email me directly or use the Contact form on my site. I'll get back to you pretty quickly; I read and answer all my own email.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you realize that this post just made me want to contact you via Facebook Messenger.

Mark said...

Perfect.

Labels

Blog Archive