Thursday, March 30, 2017

My room won't obey me


I like to keep my hotel rooms cold.  I usually opt for 65 to 67 degrees Fahrenheit, which is as low as most U.S. hotels will let you take the room.  I work very late, and the cold helps keep me from falling asleep.  Plus, it's fantastic to sleep under heavy covers in a cold room.

This room has apparently decided it wants to be warmer.  I set it to 65, and it chills to that lovely temperature--for a while.  An hour or two later, I notice I'm warm and comfortable, when I should be cold and uncomfortable.  I check the thermostat.  The room is now 70.  Yes, I verified how the HVAC controls work, and I even had a maintenance guy check that I was doing the right thing.  This room just will not obey me.

I look forward to returning to my usual hotel on my next Austin trip.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...


See if you can dig up on the 'net how to flip the thermostat into 'VIP mode':

https://lifehacker.com/override-your-hotel-room-thermostat-and-set-it-as-hot-o-1462595059

Mark said...

Nice tip. Thanks.

Labels

Blog Archive