Thursday, August 11, 2016

Two years from now, I want to be in New Orleans


and I want you to help make sure I get to go.  Specifically, I hope in late August of 2018 to be flying into New Orleans for that year's World Science Fiction Convention.  You can read more about the bid here.

Running against New Orleans--committees from each city mount bids on which SF fans vote--is a group from San Jose.  Their bid info is here.  These are perfectly fine folks, and San Jose is a perfectly fine place, but it's not New Orleans.  It's not even close.

I've written about this situation before, but now we're coming down to the wire.  If enough people don't buy a membership (supporting or attending) to this year's WorldCon and vote for the 2018 con to be in New Orleans, we could face the specter of another con in San Jose.  I could face that fate, and I'd much, much, much rather be in New Orleans.

Really, who wouldn't?

At next week's WorldCon in Kansas City, I'll spend some time hanging out in the New Orleans party at the convention center.  Please come by, see me, meet the fine folks behind the con, and vote for the Big Easy.

Let's send the WorldCon back to New Orleans in 2018!



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive