Thursday, August 18, 2016

A day of two very different performances


After a decent night's sleep, I grabbed lunch, visited with friends, and did my first Worldcon program item:  a reading.  Readings are frequently dicey affairs at which no one shows up, but I was lucky enough today to have about ten folks listen to me read.  I count that as a win.

After the reading, I signed a few books for folks who had brought some, and then I spent time in the dealers' room and the art show.  I enjoyed both, as I usually do.

I watched the Chesley awards and then headed to my second performance of the day:  a short comedy set at a "Comedy Tonight!" panel.  Three of us took turns doing sets, the audience laughed a great deal, and we all had fun.  Another win.

After dinner with friends, I tried hanging out with tons of other writers and fans in the hotel bar, but my heart just wasn't in it.  So, I caught up on email, read, and will now get another good night's sleep.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive