Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ample Hills Creamery: Ice cream you need to try


When I first heard about this Brooklyn shop that makes its own ice cream, I was interested but not compelled to action.  After I read a bit more about it, however, I decided I had to give it the taste test.  Fortunately, the shop's Web site offers an easy introduction to its products:  a collection of its classic flavors.

One large sum of money later, and a group of us were dipping spoons into pints in my kitchen.  (Yes, we were washing the spoons between tastes; no double-dipping in the gourmet ice creams, thank you very much.)  After sampling such flavors as Salted Crack Caramel and Chocolate Milk & Cookies, I'm happy to report that if you love ice cream, you need to order some of the delicious treats from Ample Hills Creamery.

The flavors are strong and tend toward the sweet, so a small helping of any one ice cream is probably more than enough.  Each flavor was distinctive, and all were different from what I've tasted elsewhere.

For my taste, Ample Hills Creamery is among the top ten ice cream sources I've tried--and I have tried a lot of them.  Where in the top ten is harder to say, but definitely in the top ten.

I look forward to sampling more of their flavors and encourage you to do the same.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive