Saturday, May 9, 2015

A great Delta Rae show


Earlier tonight, a group of us headed to The Ritz, my least favorite local venue, for a concert by my favorite locally based band, Delta Rae.  The show was the last of a tour that was supposed to run longer but which they had to cut short due to an injury to one of the band members.

Their performance was wonderful.  They are great performers, and they were at the top of their game tonight, tearing up the stage and belting out great song after great song.  They played cuts from both of their albums, including this one, "Run," which is a favorite of mine from After It All.



If you don't know Delta Rae's music, you need to.

If you get a chance to see them live, take it.

I often skip opening acts, but tonight I did not, because the opener was a singer-songwriter I quite like, Greg Holden.  Though the mix did his voice, which is not strong, no favors, I still enjoyed his performance and would like to see him in a better setting.  He performed all of my favorites of his, including this one, "Hold On Tight," whose video my sentimental self finds touching.



As I've said many times, live music holds a special power to fill us and enrich us.  I'm almost always glad when I go to a concert, and I was certainly very happy to have had the privilege to attend tonight's show.



No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive