Friday, October 17, 2014

Sometimes, I hate technology


I use a lot of different types of computers.  I've been doing that for years.  I'm pretty handy with all the major system types.  I'm used to weathering and debugging upgrade and installation issues.  So, late last night, when I did an upgrade to the system I'm currently using as my main home computer, I thought I'd be okay. 

Foolish me.

The system has been a brick ever since, able to boot to a glowing screen and no more.  I have lost a day working on this, and I'm no closer to a solution than I was before.  I've sought online help, but so far, no luck,

Very frustrating.

I generally love tech, and I love working in tech, but not today, not since late last night.


4 comments:

Dave Drale said...

Dear Mark,

Welcome to my world.

It'll be easier shortly, though. Based on my experience you'll just call Scott. He'll come over for dinner and while there, fix your system.

Yes, I'm joking. (But that is my experience.)

Dave

Mark said...

Nah, I fixed it myself--but it took me until six in the morning, and I had to ask an online group for ideas. I am now back, though--at the cost of a lot of time.

Rosanne said...

Glad you got it worked out! (And hope after being up all night, you got to take a nice long nap if you wanted to)

Mark said...

I didn't sleep as long as I wanted, but tonight I will sleep a lot. Thanks for the kind words.

Labels

Blog Archive