Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back at The Monti


Earlier tonight I headed over to Durham to tell another story at one of the programs from The Monti.  This evening's topic was "Heat." 

My story focused on a particularly disturbing incident involving a cat in heat; those of you who know me may well have heard variations of it before.  I thought I did a good job with the story, though I started a bit faster than I should have.

The other seven stories ranged widely in topics and approach.  The winning story and storyteller absolutely deserved to win; his tale was lyrical and moving.

I haven't yet decided if I'll return and tell more stories, but my guess is that I will, because it's a great opportunity to both practice oral storytelling and hear a lot of fun tales.  If you don't know these events and like this form of storytelling, I encourage you to check out The Monti.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive