Saturday, April 5, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier


You may want to take everything I say with a rather large shaker of salt, because I am the perfect audience for this movie.  I loved the comic, have generally enjoyed all of the intertwined Marvel movies (yes, even the second Thor film), don't for the most part mind overblown action sequences, and love big-conspiracy stories.

Okay, I've warned you.

As you can tell by now, I loved this movie.  I was never bored, always engaged, and had a great time watching it.  I appreciated its humor, its earnestness, and its action. 

None of that is to say it has no flaws.  The bigger plot surprises were not at all surprises, many action sequences went on too long, and the film generally painted the characters with very broad strokes.  Some in our group definitely felt it dragged at times, and I can see their perspective. 

And still I loved it.  It and the Avengers movie are the stars of the current constellation of Marvel films. 

Though it's far from perfect, Captain America:  The Winter Soldier is a great way to spend a couple of fun-filled hours in a theater.




No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive