Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On the road again: Grand Cayman, Cayman Cookout, day 0


After 80 quality minutes in my bed, I climbed out, showered, and headed to the airport for a six-something flight.  The two airplane trips passed in a daze of dozing and reading and working, and then I walked out into a gray, rainy day in Grand Cayman.

Fortunately, this place is beautiful even when in rain, because the ocean can't help but be lovely.

I ate a light lunch staring at the ocean, worked a while and napped a little, and then it was time for dinner.  Celebrity chef Eric Ripert operates a restaurant, Blue by Eric Ripert, here at the Ritz Grand Cayman, the host hotel for the Cayman Cookout.  With a focus on fresh and light seafood, Blue continues the tradition of excellence of Ripert's signature restaurant, New York City's Le Bernardin.  From the paper-thin tuna over an equally thin layer of foie,

Click on an image to see a larger version.

to the wonderfully delicious warm lobster,


and on and on, each dish in the tasting menu was a delight.

I spent the rest of the evening doing a variety of work, and now I look forward to sleeping a long time.


No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive