Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reaction to a storm


Around 5:30 p.m. today, I was sitting in the big open meeting space at PT, brainstorming video concepts with some folks on our studio team, when a storm swept over the area.  The sky darkened as thick, almost black clouds filled the heavens.  Gusts of wind beat tree branches against the windows.  Rain fell, first gently and then in huge floods.  Winds blew the water in sheets across the parking lot.  The weather show was impossible to ignore.

After we finished, I stood and watched the storm for a while longer.  An urge seized me:  I wanted to run out into the farthest, emptiest parking lot, stand in the rain amidst the strong winds, and scream.  I wasn't angry or sad or feeling anything in particular; I just wanted to scream in a storm that would carry away the sounds before anyone could hear them. 

I let the moment pass and went back to work, as I was supposed to.

A big part of me, though, still wishes I'd gotten soaked and screamed in the storm.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I had the same urge. I did step out into the storm; but was afraid I would scare my neighbors if I screamed. Instead I just stood and watched, felt the cool drops of the rain and wind. All the while wishing I could catch a ride and blow away with the storm.

Windsong Journals said...

I wish you had too.

Labels

Blog Archive